Holidays are part of a bigger absence picture
Absence is always a management hurdle – and many of the extra costs, risks and performance problems it can bring will happen regardless of whether absence is a planned holiday, an unplanned absence or a sudden sickness absence.
You need a platform that is optimised to manage a broad range of absence types and help you manage them in an efficient, structured and transparent way. Then you can support employees, their line managers, and enable the seamless exchange of information with HR and finance to ensure everything works smoothly.
You need the full picture of your absence challenge to make informed workforce decisions – including all types of planned leave:
- Holiday leave – entitlements can vary widely, varying with role, original contract terms and length of service
- Pro rata holiday leave – the statutory holiday leave and associated pay calculations for part-time staff can be tricky, and some of your contractors may also have holiday entitlements
- Flexible working – flexible working and flexible benefits schemes can add a whole new layer of variation as individuals select the combination of working hours or benefits, including holiday days, that suits them best
- Emergency leave – such as doctors’ visits and dependents leave
- Statutory leave – such as maternity and paternity leave
- Discretionary leave – such as training absences and sabbaticals