1. INTRODUCTION & SUMMARY
Empactis Limited hereafter “Empactis”, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 04248673, registered office is 40 Caversham Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 7EB has prepared this data protection privacy notice (“the Notice”) to describe its practices regarding the collection, use, storage, transfer and other processing of individually identifiable information about you (“Personal Data”). For the purposes of data protection laws, Empactis is the controller responsible for the processing of Personal Data described in this Notice.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will collect personal data in the following ways:
- When you provide your contact details to our sales department requesting information about our service or to request a demonstration, by telephone, e-mail or our website.
- When you provide your contact details to our marketing department requesting relevant and useful information about our service through lead generation submission forms, by telephone or e-mail.
- When you provide your contact details to our marketing department requesting information about our service through an exhibition/event, networking meetings or targeted research.
- When you apply for a position at Empactis.
3. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The personal data we routinely collect includes:
- Title, Full Name, Role
- Organisation Name
- E-mail address
If you are applying for a position at Empactis, we will collect your CV which will include:
- Title, Full Name
- Education Details
- Work Experience
- E-mail address
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This section explains how and why we process your personal data, as well as the legal basis on which we carry out this processing.
Communications: sending communications related to Empactis, keeping a record of your relationship with Empactis including ensuring we know how you prefer to be contacted.
- The legal basis for such processing is your consent;
Information and services: providing you with information and access to services that you have requested from us or which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- The legal basis for such processing is for the performance of a contract or agreement, yet you may opt-out for some communications;
Enquiries: providing you with information about our services that you have requested from us via exhibitions/events, networking where we identify you as a prospect.
- The legal basis for such processing is our legitimate interests;
Job applications: processing applications for a position at Empactis.
- The legal basis for such processing is your consent;
5. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Empactis will store your data safely and, therefore, Empactis maintains appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage to your Personal Data. To try to prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information Empactis maintains physical, electronic, standard security practices, including encryption, passwords and physical security measures, and managerial procedures to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Data. Only a limited number of persons within our organisation are authorised to access, delete or modify your data. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data. Empactis evaluates these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of processing.
Empactis employees or any of Empactis’s contractual partners who have access to your data in order to provide Empactis (eg. its online domain/website hosting supplier, database software supplier) are contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence and may not use these data for any other purpose than performing their contractual missions for Empactis.
6. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Empactis won’t transfer personal data about you to third parties for the purpose of providing or facilitating third-party advertising to you. We won’t sell personal data about you to a third-party.
We may transfer your personal data with third parties in some circumstances, including:
(1) where sharing is required to fulfil the contract between us
(2) where you have consented to us sharing your personal data with other parties involved in the service we provide to you
(3) where you have requested it via a data portability request
(4) to a service provider or partner who meets our data protection standard
(5) where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies
Empactis requires all third parties to comply strictly with its instructions, Empactis requires that they do not use your personal data for their own business purposes, and only use your personal data for reasons associated with the services we provide for you.
7. DATA RETENTION
Empactis will retain your Personal Data in accordance with applicable legal requirements, and only for as long as necessary or as long as required by law, for the purposes described in this Notice.
Empactis will retain your Personal Data as follows:
- Communications: Personal Data will be kept for as long as you do not withdraw consent.
- Information, enquiries and services: will be kept for as long as you do not withdraw consent.
- Job applications: will be kept for as long as you do not withdraw consent.
A few of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last longer.
10. CHANGES TO EMPACTIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Empactis may periodically update this Notice. This may be in relation to changes in the law, best practice, changes in our services or treatment of your personal data. Where necessary, we will notify you of these changes. We will always display when the Notice was last amended on the website.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
To the extent required by applicable law and subject to legal limitations, you have the right:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal data.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right of erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
12. CONTACT US
In you have any questions in connection with your Personal Data or you want to exercise your rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer.
Mike Robinson of Cybercrowd
Data Protection Officer
40 Caversham Road, Reading
Berkshire, RG1 7EB
13. HOW TO COMPLAIN
In particular, Empactis is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concerns about privacy. If, however, you believe that Empactis has not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113